Combining my interests of music, cooking, recipes, photos and tune talk.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Tandoori Chicken and a new iPod Playlist

Chicken Tandoori and Basmati Rice
The Dinner: Tandoori Chicken
The Soundtrack: Party Playlist on new iPod
The Drink: Rum and Coke

Well, it appears that my old, broken screen iPod is officially gone.  Fortunately, I was able to make a deal with a retail outlet to give me a new replacement iPod in exchange for money.  So now I have a brand new iPod that is pretty much exactly the same as the old one, except with a clean, unbroken screen.
To celebrate, its party mix time!


New iPod just like this one
Ingredients:
Chicken
Plain yogurt
Tandoori spice
Olive Oil

The Tandoori chicken needs to marinate so I started the process last night.  Rather than put together my own spices, I had already procured a tandoori spice mix from an Indian grocery store from the NE. Makes the process pretty easy.  Mix the yogurt, spice and a little oil in a marinade bag.  Skin the chicken and poke a few holes to help the sauce infuse into the meet and then put it into the bag and let it marinate for 8+ hours (I did it the night before so it was close to 24 hours).

Tandoori Chicken on the BBQ
When its dinner time, toss the chicken on the BBQ and cook it until all the pink is gone on the inside and its nice and red and crispy on the outside. Top with cilantro and serve with basmati rice and whatever else you fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment